FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT: GREAT-ESF workshop on Open Clusters and Young Associations, Catania 13-14 May 2010
- To: <ast-great-announce at lists.cam.ac.uk>, <barrado at cab.inta-csic.es>, <alcala at oacn.inaf.it>, "'Alessandro Lanzafame'" <Alessandro.Lanzafame at oact.inaf.it>, <andre at oal.ul.pt>, <andre at sim.ul.pt>, <angela.bragaglia at oabo.inaf.it>, "'Antonella Vallenari'" <antonella.vallenari at oapd.inaf.it>, <antonio.frasca at oact.inaf.it>, <brown at strw.leidenuniv.nl>, <carme at am.ub.es>, <catherine.turon at obspm.fr>, <cesca at am.ub.es>, <christophe.martayan at obspm.fr>, <covino at oacn.inaf.it>, <delgado at iaa.es>, <djf at star.le.ac.uk>, <dmg at astrax.fis.ucm.es>, <ducourant at obs.u-bordeaux1.fr>, <Elena.Pancino at oabo.inaf.it>, <emilio at iaa.es>, <emoraux at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr>, <Ernst.Paunzen at univie.ac.at>, <ferreras at star.ucl.ac.uk>, <fvl at ast.cam.ac.uk>, <g.m.seabroke at open.ac.uk>, <giusi at astropa.inaf.it>, <grebel at ari.uni-heidelberg.de>, "Isabelle Baraffe" <ibaraffe at ens-lyon.fr>, "Janet Drew" <j.drew at herts.ac.uk>, <jgameiro at astro.up.pt>, <jmaiz at iaa.es>, "Joao Alves" <joao.alves at univie.ac.at>, <kbiazzo at arcetri.astro.it>, <laura at arcetri.astro.it>, <laurent.eyer at unige.ch>, <lola.balaguer at am.ub.es>, <lsb at dia.uned.es>, <lspezzi at rssd.esa.int>, "'Luca Santoro'" <santoro at oca.eu>, <martayan at oma.be>, "'Michael Meyer'" <mmeyer at phys.ethz.ch>, <mmeyer at as.arizona.edu>, <naw at ast.cam.ac.uk>, <noel.robichon at obspm.fr>, 'Nuria Huélamo' <nhuelamo at cab.inta-csic.es>, <palla at arcetri.astro.it>, <pavel at astro.uni-bonn.de>, <ralf at ita.uni-heidelberg.de>, <ralf at SLAC.Stanford.EDU>, <rklessen at aip.de>, "'Rob Jeffries'" <rdj at astro.keele.ac.uk>, "'Ronny Blomme'" <Ronny.Blomme at oma.be>, <sciorti at astropa.unipa.it>, "'Sofia Randich'" <randich at arcetri.astro.it>, "'soubiran'" <soubiran at obs.u-bordeaux1.fr>, <spagna at oato.inaf.it>, <timn at astro.ex.ac.uk>, <Timo.Prusti at rssd.esa.int>, "'Tomaz Zwitter'" <tomaz.zwitter at fmf.uni-lj.si>, <Ulrike.Heiter at fysast.uu.se>
- Subject: FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT: GREAT-ESF workshop on Open Clusters and Young Associations, Catania 13-14 May 2010
- From: "Alessandro Lanzafame" <a.lanzafame at unict.it>
- Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:07:24 +0100
- Cc: ocya2010 at oact.inaf.it
- Organization: Università di Catania
- Reply-to: a.lanzafame at unict.it
- Thread-index: AcrCxwUAQ5anc53nQ4C86ef1PjOElw==
Gaia Research for European Astronomy Training
European Science Foundation
"Ground-based observations and theoretical analysis for
the Gaia Science on Open Clusters and Young Associations"
13 - 14 May 2010, Museo Diocesano di Catania, Italy
Astrophysics Section, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of Catania
INAF - Catania Astrophysical Observatory
This workshop will gather together scientists engaged in preparing the
research field of stellar Open Clusters and Young Associations for the
arrival of data from the ESA cornerstone mission Gaia. The main purpose
of the meeting is to discuss scientific goals that can be fulfilled by
combining Gaia data with existing or new surveys and the theoretical
developments required to analyse and interpret this vast and detailed
amount of observations.
Registration is now open. Please, register as soon as possible and
not later than April 16th. Please fill the form below (also available at
http://www.oact.inaf.it/ocya2010) and send it to ocya2010 at oact.inaf.it.
IMPORTANT: The maximum number of participants is 40. Registrations will
be closed once that number is reached.
If you wish to present a contribution, please send title and abstract
by e-mail to ocya2010 at oact.inaf.it by April 16th.
HOTELS: Preliminary bookings have been made in a few hotels in the city
centre, close to the workshop venue. Please contact directly the hotel to
confirm the reservation before March 31st. May is a very busy period in
Catania and we strongly recommend to confirm your reservation immediately.
Be aware that the preliminary reservations are not valid after the deadline.
See the hotel list (http://www.oact.inaf.it/ocya2010/hotels.html) for
tariffs and contact details. Please mention "GREAT-ESF workshop organised by
Alessandro Lanzafame and the Catania Astrophysical Observatory" when
contacting the hotels.
For further details see: http://www.oact.inaf.it/ocya2010.
If you wish to register to the workshop, please send an e-mail
to ocya2010 at oact.inaf.it specifying the following information:
Affiliation (as you want it to appear on the badge):
Accompanying person [yes/no]:
Food restrictions [e.g., non-dairy, allergy, vegetarian, diabetic, etc.]:
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and