Gaia and the end states of stellar evolution workshop

The University of Leicester will host a 3 day workshop form 11-13 April 2011 entitled: "Gaia and the end states of stellar evolution"
The workshop will focus on the advances we can make in our understanding of the structure and evolution of white dwarf stars, using the precise distances that will be measured by ESA's Gaia mission, due for launch in 2013. We aim to foster collaboration within the Gaia project and between interested researchers. The outcome of the workshop will be a white paper on the science enabled by Gaia in understanding white dwarfs.

This workshop is part of the Gaia Research for European Astronomy Training (GREAT) consortium and is funded in part by the European Science Foundation.
Registration is now open at http://www.star.le.ac.uk/great_workshop/index.html, together with details of the science programme and accomodation options.

Registration closes on 11 March 2011. Spaces on the workshop are limited and so we would encourage you to apply early.

This has been sent to multiple mailing lists and so we apologise if you receive this more than once.