Gaia Alerts workshop - final announcement

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to attend the second Gaia Science Alerts
workshop which will take place in Cambridge (UK) between 29th June and
1st July 2011.

The Gaia Science Alerts stream with near-real time transient events
will be the first Gaia data released to the community, so it is
extremely important to produce reliable and robust alerts. This
workshop will focus on the requirements for ground-based follow-up.
The primary goals of the meeting will be:
(1) to design a verification observing programme to take place early
on in the Gaia Mission,
(2) to discuss observing programmes to maximise the science return
from the Gaia Alerts stream.
At the workshop we hope to gather scientists, observers and every one
interested in observing Gaia alerts. We will also discuss technical
issues related with alert dissemination and follow-up feedback.

Details on the programme, registration and accommodation information
are available here:
http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/ioa/research/gsawg/index.php/Workshop2011:main.

The workshop is limited to 30-35 attendees therefore we suggest you
register as soon as possible.
Please note that registering will not guarantee the place at the
workshop as in order to assure well balanced representation of
different groups of participants all registrations will be subject to
verification by the LOC.

Please register by filling the form here:
http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/ioa/wikis/gsawgwiki/index.php/Workshop2011:registration

Registration closes on 1 June 2011.

Kind regards,

Lukasz Wyrzykowski