REMINDER: Abstracts due 8th March 2017!: Gaia GREAT Plenary Meeting (PM10) @ EWASS 2017: Prague, Czech Republic, 26-27 June 2017

Dear All,

If you plan to attend the next Gaia/GREAT meeting at the EWASS 2017 -
please remember to submit your presentation abstract soon - deadline is
Weds 8th March 2017.

Please see http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/registration.jsp

Yours,

Anthony Brown, Timo Prusti, Nicholas Walton

(on behalf of the GREAT plenary organising committee)

Nicholas A Walton wrote on 09/02/2017 08:58:
> Dear All,
>
> This is the first announcement for the next GREAT plenary meeting which
> will take place within the EAS European Week of Astronomy and Space
> Science (EWASS) in Prague, Czech Republic, 26 - 30 June 2017.
>
> See the EWASS pages at http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/
>
> The Plenary is consituted as a full EWASS Science Symposium (no. 2 -
> http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/session.jsp?id=S2).  The GREAT Symposium
> will run 26 - 27 June 2017.
>
> Registration is handled directly through the EWASS pages at
> http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/registration.jsp  with early registration
> closing 26 Apr 2017. (After that date - the registration fee rises -
> details on the registration page).  NOTE: For those of you who are quick
> - there is a VERY early registration rate - closes Friday 10th Feb!
>
> The Symposium nature of the Plenary allows for interested individuals
> and groups to present new results and plans from activities carried out
> within the context of Gaia and the GREAT working groups and related
> activities.
>
> This last year saw the first release of Gaia data (Gaia-DR1 released Sep
> 2016). The key goals of our symposium will for the community to present
> first results from the initial Gaia DR1, for the Gaia project to provide
> the science community with the latest scientific and technical
> performance of Gaia, to look ahead to the second release of Gaia data,
> scheduled for April 2018, and to give the community the opportunity to
> present their activities carried out by and in the Gaia/GREAT community
> in preparation for future Gaia data releases.
>
> We also have one session devoted to Gaia and synergies with radio
> astrometry.
>
> *REGISTRATION*
>
> At this stage all those wishing to present are invited to signup with
> some details of their talk or poster presentation idea.
>
> Please, first, submit your abstract into the EWASS system (which keeps
> track of abstracts across all the various meetings going on that week).
> You'll find this page at
> http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/abstract_submission.jsp
>
> ... and then ...
>
> there is a page for each of the themed sessions linked from the meeting
> wiki at http://great.ast.cam.ac.uk/Greatwiki/GreatMeet-PM10
>
> Thus, choose which session most fits your presentation topic and add
> your abstract to the page at:
>
> Gaia DR1: Highlight Science - Session 1
> Gaia / GREAT Status - Session 2
> Gaia DR1 science - Session 3
> Gaia networking, synergies with other surveys - Session 4
> Upcoming Gaia DR2 and Gaia Processing - Session 5
> Special session: synergies with radio astrometry - Session 6
>
> Adding your abstracts in this way to the wiki, helps all to see what
> sort of talks are being submitted to the GREAT plenary!
>
> All submissions received by *8th March 2017* will be considered, with
> the final programme being drawn up and published by 10th April 2017.

> [...]

Dr Nicholas A. Walton
Institute of Astronomy          Tel:   +44 1223 337503
University of Cambridge         Fax:   +44 1223 337523
Madingley Road                  WWW:   http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~naw
Cambridge, CB3 0HA              email: naw at ast.cam.ac.uk