MW-Gaia WG3 Workshop: Exoplanets in the era of Gaia - 18-20 NOV, Porto - Registration open

Dear mwGaia colleagues,

It is with great pleasure that we announce the opening of the registration for a 3-days workshop we are organizing in Porto!

Porto MW-Gaia WG3 Workshop: Exoplanets in the era of Gaia
18-20 November 2019, Porto, Portugal

http://www.iastro.pt/research/conferences/exogaia/

**---> **Funding support application deadline: October 10, 2019***
***---> Abstract submission deadline: October 18, 2019***
***---> Registration deadline: November 3, 2019**

With ultra-precise astrometric and photometric observations of more than 1 billion stars, GAIA will revolutionize our view of the Solar System, Extrasolar planetary systems, the Milky Way as a Galaxy, distant extra-galactic objects, and many other fields of astronomy. The aim of this workshop is to bring together exoplanet and stellar astrophysicists to discuss how GAIA is already revolutionizing our understanding  of exoplanet formation and evolution, and what are the future perspectives.

The scientific program of the workshop will be organized as follows:

- Gaia and exoplanets: Overview of the Gaia mission; Overview of Exoplanet research - Exoplanet surveys: Exoplanet detection with Gaia; synergies between Gaia and other  ongoing/upcoming space missions (Kepler, K2, TESS, PLATO) and ground-based exoplanet surveys (e.g. RV, Transit, Direct Imaging) - Exoplanetary systems: Physical properties of exoplanets and their orbital architecture - Star-planet connection: Exoplanet host stars as an instrument to study planet formation and evolution in different environments

For each of the session there will be review and contributed talks, followed by open discussion between the participants.
The workshop is limited to a maximum of about 30 participants.

*_Support to Attendees_*
There is some funding available to support participant travel and accommodation costs.

SOC
Alessandro Sozetti (Turin Observatory)
Alexandre Correia (U.Coimbra)
Andres Moya (U.Birmingham)
Elisa Delgado Mena ( IA)
Federica Spoto (OCA, Nice)
Joris De Ridder (KU Leuven)
Julia de Leon (IAC)
Shay Zucker (U.Tel Aviv)
Vardan Adibekyan (IA) Chair

For more information and for the registration please visit the workshop page

http://www.iastro.pt/research/conferences/exogaia/

With best regards,

Vardan (on behalf of the SOC/LOC)

--

       Vardan Adibekyan , Ph.D.

Astrophysicist - Investigador FCT

Institute of Astrophysics and Space Sciences (IA)
CAUP, Rua das Estrelas, 4150-762 Porto, Portugal
www.astro.up.pt http://www.iastro.pt/
vadibekyan at astro.up.pt Tel: +351 226 089 832