Re: [capsicum] wait() and pdfork()

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Jilles Tjoelker <jilles at> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 03:11:29PM +0000, David Drysdale wrote:
> More generally, I've started building a table with my current guesses for
> process descriptor behaviours -- feedback/discussion welcome:

Some entries regarding current behaviour are incorrect:

* kill() on a zombie successfully does nothing (per POSIX)

Yep, that had the dead mixed up with the undead -- thanks for spotting.
* If the process is from pdfork(), the parent's termination does not
  necessarily cause last close of the process descriptor: the descriptor
  may have been passed to another process or even the child itself.

I was trying to keep the table simpler, but it's worth being precise -- I've added a footnote.

Jilles Tjoelker