[isabelle] environment problem?

When executing the command `isatool usedir ZF abc_pob_0' using a java `system' command, I get the following error.

Running ZF-abc_pob_0 ...
/usr/local/isabelle/Isabelle/bin/../lib/scripts/run-polyml: line 118: 8110 Segmentation fault "$POLY" $ML_OPTIONS "$DB"
ZF-abc_pob_0 FAILED

I presume this is something to do with the environment, but have played around with the scripts and can't figure out what. I can use the same command from the command line without any problem.

I don't know whether this is relevant, but this problem has only occurred since switching OS from Mandrake 10.1 to Fedora Core 4.

Thanks in advance for any comments,
Simon