Re: [isabelle] Installing SML/NJ 110.55 for Windows-Cygwin

Hi. Thanks very much for your help.
I can now run "Isabell" without problem on my XP-Cygwin laptop.

Somehow, the Isabelle2004.tar file posted on the web doesn't seem to have propoer set of files; for instance it doesn't install Isabelle2004/etc and Isabelle2004/lib directories where such files as ./etc/settings and ./lib/scripts/getsettings are supposed to exist.
So it became problematic..

Sincerely,

Sangweon

Viorel Preoteasa <viorel.preoteasa at abo.fi> 쓰기:
> After downloading the config.tgz for Unix and the necessary tarballs to
> smlnj home directory, the installer "configure/install.sh" file doesn't
> work on
> the Cygwinn. To begin with, I don't have "make" command on Cygwin.

By default the cygwin installation program installs only a minimal set of
tools.
When you start the cygwin installation program make sure you install
everything.
Maybe not everything is needed by Isabelle, but to be on the safe side you
can
install all cygwin tools.

You can find instructions on how to install Isabelle for windows on my
webpage:
http://www.abo.fi/~viorel.preoteasa/isabelle/

You can also download the binary of this installation from
http://www.abo.fi/~viorel.preoteasa/isabelle/opt.zip
It is about 70M.

If you get the binary then you unpack it in the cygwin root (default
c:\cygwin) and you can start using it directly. To use this installation
read "Running Isabelle with ProofGeneral" from the page
http://www.abo.fi/~viorel.preoteasa/isabelle/

To run Isabelle with ProofGeneral and XSymbol you need to
use the cygwin XServer. In a cygwin sell window type startx.
A new shell window will start, and in this type
"/opt/Isabelle/bin/Isabell&". This will start Isabelle with ProofGeneral.
Follow the instructions from the web page mentioned above to get
you started.

Viorel Preoteasa