Re: [isabelle] Installing SML/NJ 110.55 for Windows-Cygwin

After downloading the config.tgz for Unix and the necessary tarballs to
smlnj home directory, the installer "configure/install.sh" file doesn't work on
the Cygwinn. To begin with, I don't have "make" command on Cygwin.

By default the cygwin installation program installs only a minimal set of tools. When you start the cygwin installation program make sure you install everything. Maybe not everything is needed by Isabelle, but to be on the safe side you can
install all cygwin tools.

You can find instructions on how to install Isabelle for windows on my webpage:
http://www.abo.fi/~viorel.preoteasa/isabelle/

You can also download the binary of this installation from
http://www.abo.fi/~viorel.preoteasa/isabelle/opt.zip
It is about 70M.

If you get the binary then you unpack it in the cygwin root (default
c:\cygwin) and you can start using it directly. To use this installation
read "Running Isabelle with ProofGeneral" from the page
http://www.abo.fi/~viorel.preoteasa/isabelle/

To run Isabelle with ProofGeneral and XSymbol you need to
use the cygwin XServer. In a cygwin sell window type startx.
A new shell window will start, and in this type
"/opt/Isabelle/bin/Isabell&". This will start Isabelle with ProofGeneral.
Follow the instructions from the web page mentioned above to get
you started.

Viorel Preoteasa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sangweon Suh" <sangweon_suh at yahoo.co.kr>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 3:02 AM
Subject: [isabelle] Installing SML/NJ 110.55 for Windows-Cygwin

Hello.

I need to install Isabelle on my Windows XP laptop.
To install SML/NJ 110 version, I have followed the install information on www.smlnj.org for Cygwin enviornment but couldn't sort it out.

After downloading the config.tgz for Unix and the necessary tarballs to smlnj home directory, the installer "configure/install.sh" file doesn't work on the Cygwinn. To begin with, I don't have "make" command on Cygwin.

In the information, it says that I just need to consider Cygwin the same as UNIX and proceed with the normal installation, but it seems rather different..

Your advice much apreciated..

Thanks,
Sangweon

무료 1GB용량!, 더이상 용량 고민없는 야후! 메일을 써보세요. 대한민국 블로그가 모인 곳! 피플링에서 네이버, 이글루스를 만나다 야후! 모바일 최신 휴대폰 정보, 벨소리, 캐릭터, 문자메세지