Re: [isabelle] Using Isabelle on Intel Macintosh?

Dear Peter,

I am planning on buying a new Macintosh soon with an 64-bit architecture Intel Core 2 Duo microprocessor (Merom). I believe that Isabelle/HOL will run on this machine,
with the PowerPC instruction set interpreted by Apple's "Rosetta"
software. However, since this is slower than running native code, I would greatly
prefer to use a port of Isabelle to the native instruction set.

You might consider using SML/NJ (at least temporarily). It is already available natively for Intel Macs, see
http://www.smlnj.org/dist/working/110.59/index.html
and for me, it works well (I'm using SML/NJ 110.58 with Isabelle 2005 as well as with Isabelle 2006 preview).

Best regards,

Nicole