[isabelle] installing Isabelle

Hello

I have reinstalled Isabelle from http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/hvg/ Isabelle/dist/ Isabelle2005.tar.gz

I placed them in my directory and used UNTAR1.3 to untar the file and was successful. but when following the further directions saying:

The installation may be finished as follows:

  cd [ISABELLE_HOME]
  ./bin/isatool install -p /usr/local/bin

I got this from my terminal app:

68-119-241-204:~/Isabelle/Isabelle/ISABELLE_HOME clintonlefort$ ./bin/ isatool install -p /usr/local/bin referring to distribution at /Users/clintonlefort/Isabelle/Isabelle/ ISABELLE_HOME
installing /usr/local/bin/isatool
/Users/clintonlefort/Isabelle/Isabelle/ISABELLE_HOME/lib/Tools/ install: line 95: /usr/local/bin/isatool: Permission denied
Cannot write file: /usr/local/bin/isatool
68-119-241-204:~/Isabelle/Isabelle/ISABELLE_HOME clintonlefort$

Further when I drop a CCL.thy file on Isabelle droplet I get this information, which make some think that there are some settings issues:

Unable to find Isabelle. PATH = /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/ clintonlefort/isabelle/bin

Can I fix these problems. My goal is to have Isabelle running on my machine by Christmas 2006. But I've been working on this for three weeks now (not continually , of course), but I do have the emacs up and running and have started on the Tutorial. I still need to learn GNU emacs. I have started my proofs successfully using Otter3.3, but look forward to learning Isabelle.

Gratefully,

Clinton R. LeFort
Immaculata Publishing
Union, Mo