Re: [isabelle] Isabelle Installation : help needed

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Jean-Francois Molderez wrote:

> I have carefully read the installation instructions but HOL still does
> not compile (see shell transcript below) My OS is Linux Mandriva x86-64
> (Processor AMD Athlon 64) I suspect that nor Polyml neither SML NJ do
> work on that platform . Is there a fix ?

The problem is that neither Poly/ML nor SML/XL support x86_64, although
the existing 32bit executables seem to work reasonably well on many 64bit
platforms.  The success rate can be increased by using the linux32 tool
with --3gb option, wrapped around the basic poly driver.

Here is an experimental polyml-4.1.4 package that does the right thing
both for 32bit and 64bit platforms:

  http://isabelle.in.tum.de/test/polyml-4.1.4_x86-linux.tar.gz

This can be used as a replacement for the official
polyml-4.1.4_x86-linux.tar.gz from our Isabelle download site.  The
existing logic images should still work with this, so there is no point to
try compiling your own logics.