Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2005 proof terms

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Sean McLaughlin wrote:

Just the Pure theory alone took 18 minutes to build and was
multiple gigabytes.  When I did this before with Isabelle2004 it
was only 10MB. (22 MB using sml/nj)

Any ideas?  This is very strange.

This is indeed very strange. I've never seen such large Poly/ML images -- actually the system cannot go beyond 500MB for technical reasons. Maybe there is some strangeness in your general system setup, Poly/ML 4.1.3 has some known issues in this respect. You may want to try the precompiled binaries from the Isabelle distribution page, which are with -p 2 for HOL and use Poly/ML 4.1.4 as included.