Re: [isabelle] Isabelle + Alice

Priya,

On Monday 17 July 2006 12:45, Priya Gopalan wrote:
> I am trying to get Isabelle2005 to work with Alice, a functional
> programming language based on Standard ML, extended with rich support
> for concurrent, distributed, and constraint programming.
> http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/alice/

I assume you are aware of the recommendations given on
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/alice/manual/incompatibilities.html.

Isabelle already supports a number of ML systems.  See the etc/settings file
for some options, and Chapter 1 of the Isabelle System Manual [1] for
documentation.  Also have a look at the startup scripts in
Distribution/lib/scripts.

Incomplete library structures (like those mentioned on
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/alice/manual/limitations.html) are something that we
have encountered before.  Perhaps you are lucky that Isabelle doesn't
actually use any of the missing functionality.  Otherwise you may find the
files in Pure/ML-Systems helpful.

Best,
Tjark

[1] http://isabelle.in.tum.de/dist/Isabelle/doc/system.pdf