[isabelle] polyml 4.2.0?

Has anyone tried building Isabelle with the new 4.2.0 release of
polyml?  I was able to build with the binary provided on the Isabelle
website but using 4.2.0 doesn't seem to work at all - do I need some
support libs in polyml?

Sorry for such an elementary question - I'm looking at putting together
an ebuild for gentoo linux and matters would be somewhat simplified if
4.2.0 worked, since the license on that release is LGPL.

Cheers,
Cliff Yapp