Re: [isabelle] polyml 4.2.0?

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, C Y wrote:

> Has anyone tried building Isabelle with the new 4.2.0 release of
> polyml?  I was able to build with the binary provided on the Isabelle
> website but using 4.2.0 doesn't seem to work at all - do I need some
> support libs in polyml?

Note that the Isabelle website offers a build with 4.1.4, which is an
internal downgraded version of 4.2.0.  See the included README of the
polyml package for further details.  Please ignore the other 4.1.4 version
on the source forge site of PolyML.

You can spend quite some time playing around with all these variants.  We
have found that it is most convenient for users just to download plain
tar.gz files for Isabelle + PolyML + ProofGeneral, without system package
managers getting in the way.