Re: [isabelle] polyml 4.2.0?

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, C Y wrote:

> As to the former, the major benefit of the emerge system is not
> automatic installation (although that is a convenience) but the ability
> to track all files associated with the core install of the software,

Which means that there is no point to package Isabelle like this, because
it can be put into a single directory of the user's choice, and removed
with rm -rf.

So is there actually a problem you are trying to solve here, or is this
just the fun of playing with package managers?  (I know this only too
well, because I used to entertain myself like this many years ago.)