[isabelle] Installing and using theories from the archive

Thanks for the responses from Florian and Jeremy on extending the
library load path.

I am at present trying to decide how to reconcile my present web
site build system with the Isabelle build system.

I would like any work I do with Isabelle to conform to the way of
delivering contributions which is used in the isabelle archive
but I don't understand well enough how this works.

Though there are detailed instructions on how to make a
submission, I have found no instructions on how to install one.
The archive documentation encourages contributors to build on the
contributions in the archive, but its not clear how to do that.

I don't have a problem building the contribs which I have
downloaded, but I don't then see how to use them without
inserting a site specific load path adjustment into my own
theories. (and its not clear that that would work)

Can anyone explain this to me?

Roger Jones