[isabelle] Isabelle and FreeBSD ports?

I installed Isabelle using the FreeBSD ports system. When I run "proofgeneral" xemacs pops up with the proof general splash screen, but there is no Isabelle menu (as described in the Isabelle tutorial). Installing Isabelle caused the latest version of xemacs to be built and installed. Does Isabelle have problems with new versions of XEmacs? Is this a deficiency of the FreeBSD port of Isabelle? Am I doing something wrong?

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/