Re: [isabelle] Getting Isabelle Running with Xemacs

I use ProofGeneral, XEmacs, and Isabelle all the time. I get XEmacs from MacPorts (formerly DarwinPorts), make sure you install the sumo and mule variants. If you've already got MacPorts installed then all you need to do is issue the following:

  sudo port selfupdate
  sudo port sync
  sudo port install xemacs +sumo +mule

You need the sync step because mule support was only recently added.

See the MacPorts site http://www.macports.org/ for more information on MacPorts.

BTW, you need to unpack ProofGeneral in the same directory as Isabelle. My /usr/local looks like this:

Isabelle@
Isabelle2005/
ProofGeneral@
ProofGeneral-3.6pre060214