Re: [isabelle] Creating terms from sets

Isabelle/HOL provides fold functionals for sets, which can be used provided the result does not depend on the order in which set elements are considered.

For details, see this paper:

Tobias Nipkow and L. C. Paulson. Proof Pearl: Defining Functions Over Finite Sets. In: Joe Hurd and Tom Melham (editors),Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics (Springer LNCS 3603, 2005), 385–396.

<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~lp15/papers/Reports/TPHOLs05.pdf>

Larry Paulson