[isabelle] display of types

Randy Pollack wrote:

Even though I have "show sorts" on, [] is not shown with a type, but

I've also noticed this - presumably the thinking is, that if a user has declared a constant, he/she knows what type it is.

But often I've found it would be helpful, when a polymorphic constant is used monomorphically (or with a less general polymorphic type) in a theorem, it would be nice to be able to see the type.

Apart from printing out the term (which can give rather long output) is there any way of doing this?

Jeremy