[isabelle] Isabelle Point Releases?

A question to the Isabelle developers:
Would it be possible to do bugfix-only Isabelle releases (like Isabelle
2005.1)?

Background: A while ago I had trouble using full proof objects with AWE
and was advised to replace src/Pure/proofterm.ML with the development
version of that file. Now everything is working perfectly, but I can't
give my work to others easily, because they first have to rebuild
Isabelle.
So if someone did an Isabelle point release whenever some bugfixes
accumulate, that would be really cool!

Thomas

PS: A small irregularity I just encountered: 'use_thy "SomeTheory"' only
works in interactive mode, not when creating PDFs. For these, I have to
wrap the command in 'ML {* *}'. Would be nice to make this consistent.