Re: [isabelle] Extensive case splits

I've also had issues with large terms, say a list of nats, and just performing a single call to subst, let alone simp. I would guess that using unification for
the P in the conclusion of ssubst, checking equality of terms (like the two
instances of P in the premise of ssubst), and implementing beta reduction
via explicit substitution all contribute.  I'm only guessing though.

Regards,

Paul
Dominik Luecke wrote:
Hello,

first of all... Thanks for all the answers.

I did try that, but after several hours of no real life-sign of Isabelle
I got bored and stopped the process. I thought that it might be an idea,
to somehow break down the stuff to smaller steps, so that you can at
least see if anything is really happening, or if Isabelle is just doing
something stupid for hours. The main problem is that the proof goal is
very, very big (already considered in the number of involved
(in)-equations.
I have added a sample goal of the proof to this mail, to make the
description of this Isabelle problem less abstract.
Regards,
 Dominik