[isabelle] Isabelle version for tutorial?

Hello.  I am planning on teaching (and learning!) Isabelle in my
graduate course this fall.  We will be using the tutorial book on
Isabelle 2002 (Springer).  I have seen there is an updated tutorial
online, but I have already committed to having students buy the Springer
book.  I would like to know whether it is recommended to use Isabelle
2002 to go along with this tutorial, or a more recent Isabelle.
Apologies if this question is addressed somewhere on the Isabelle web
site or in the documentation, but I could not find an answer after
looking those places.

Thanks,
Aaron Stump