Re: [isabelle] Isabelle version for tutorial?

Hi Aaron,

Numerous changes have happened since then, mostly improvements ;-)
Nothing really major (nat is still nat and list still list), but the many small changes (eg the theory header) are likely to annoy novices considerably. Thus it is probably better to use the old version. I suspect that for novices the lack of the new features is less crucial than for power users.

Tobias

Aaron Stump schrieb:
Hello.  I am planning on teaching (and learning!) Isabelle in my
graduate course this fall.  We will be using the tutorial book on
Isabelle 2002 (Springer).  I have seen there is an updated tutorial
online, but I have already committed to having students buy the Springer
book.  I would like to know whether it is recommended to use Isabelle
2002 to go along with this tutorial, or a more recent Isabelle.
Apologies if this question is addressed somewhere on the Isabelle web
site or in the documentation, but I could not find an answer after
looking those places.

Thanks,
Aaron Stump