[isabelle] Open positions at ETH Zurich: Automated Validation of Trust and Security of Service-oriented Architectures

		      OPEN POSITIONS AT ETH ZURICH
	       Automated Validation of Trust and Security
		   of Service-oriented Architectures

The research group headed by Prof. David Basin at the Swiss Federal
Institute of Technology, Zurich (ETH Zurich) has two open positions.
These positions can be filled either by PhD students, or a PhD student
and a Post-doctoral researcher (PostDoc).

Our project will focus on the automated validation of trust and security
properties of service oriented architectures. Hence we are looking for
enthusiastic young researchers with a strong interest in formal methods
and computer security. Additionally, experience in higher-order logic,
theorem proving, or model checking would be an asset.

The PhD students employed will be given the opportunity to carry out a
PhD in Computer Science at ETH Zurich, on a topic related to the
project. ETH Zurich regulations require doctoral students to hold a
Master's or equivalent degree (e.g. Diplom). PhD students are paid
employees of the university, and salary and employment conditions are
attractive.

Zurich is a diverse and multicultural city which is consistently rated
among the best cities in the world in which to live. We favor the same
sort of diversity that defines Zurich's cultural makeup and encourage
anyone to apply with interest in formal methods and security, regardless
of where you are from.

For further information please contact Cas Cremers at:

  cremersc at inf.ethz.ch

Applications should be sent to Cas Cremers at the address above, and
also to:

  infsec.positions at lists.inf.ethz.ch

Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a brief description of
research interests, and, if possible, letters of recommendation from
teachers or employers.