[isabelle] TPHOLs 2008 Host Selection: Call for Votes

TPHOLs 2008 Host Selection - Call for Votes
21st International Conference on Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics

The first phase of the host selection process for TPHOLs 2008 ended. With this
mail, the bids are made public and the voting phase will take place. The
people eligible to vote are those who are seriously thinking of attending
TPHOLs 2008, and the voting system used will be Single Transferable Vote
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Transferable_Vote) between all received
bids.

Since finding a host for TPHOLs 2008 turned out to be very difficult this
year, we accepted bids from everywhere and let the TPHOLs community decide
whether or not to apply the continent-alternation rule. All in all, we
finally received the following three bids:

[Hagenberg]
Martin Giese proposed to hold TPHOLs 2008 at the Castle of Hagenberg, Austria.
http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/mgiese/tphols2008/

[Montreal]
Sofiene Tahar proposed to hold TPHOLs 2008 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
http://rsg.informatik.uni-kl.de/TPHOLs-2007/bid-2008-montreal.html

[Sydney]
Alessandro Armando proposed to merge TPHOLs 2008 with IJCAR 2008 in Sydney.
http://www.ai-lab.it/armando/TPHOLs-IJCAR-2008-bid.html

To vote, please send an email to tphols2007 at informatik.uni-kl.de and list your
preferred bids for TPHOLs 2008 in the following format:

+++

1. <your first choice>
2. <your second choice> (optional)
3. <your third choice> (optional)

<your name>

+++

Including your name is for the sole purpose of preventing ballot stuffing: all
votes will remain secret. The deadline for voting is Friday 16 Mar 2007.

For details, refer to the TPHOLs 2008 host selection page

http://rsg.informatik.uni-kl.de/TPHOLs-2007/tphols2008.html

Jens Brandt