Re: [isabelle] sub-multiset relation for theory Multiset in the standard distribution

Multiset.thy defines the relation mset_le as you describe.

It also overloads <= with the much stronger multiset ordering, which is described in a classic paper:

Nachum Dershowitz, Zohar Manna: Proving Termination with Multiset Orderings. Commun. ACM 22(8): 465-476 (1979)

Larry