Re: [isabelle] build process

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 06:25, Jeremy Dawson wrote:
> I've made some (rather trivial) changes to a Pure source file,
> and rebuilt HOL (which includes rebuilding Pure, and I had thought that
> HOL is built on top of Pure).
> But when I run Pure, I see the effects of the changes,
> when I run HOL I don't.

Perhaps when you rebuilt HOL, it did not build 'on top of' the right Pure
image?  You could try checking there's not more than one copy of Pure
or HOL lying around, and then rebuilding HOL - and see if that has any
effect.

There might be a copy in your home directory, and a copy in the actual
Isabelle install directory.  The one in your home directory is supposed to
take precedence, if I recall correctly.

At least, I've had similar confusion caused by having more than one copy of
an image before.

Martin