Re: [isabelle] Isabelle on a Mac running linux
- To: cmenon at ics.mq.edu.au
- Subject: Re: [isabelle] Isabelle on a Mac running linux
- From: kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
- Date: 1 Nov 2007 14:17:09 -0000
- Cc: cl-isabelle-users at lists.cam.ac.uk
- In-reply-to: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> (email@example.com)
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.6 (Marutamachi) APEL/10.7 Emacs/21.4 (powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
> I'm trying to install Isabelle on an Apple Powerbook running linux. I've
> got a working copy of Poly/ML from the polyml site
I somehow overlooked that you are on linux, too.
(Now I have my coffee...)
I tried this on my home machine and don't remember how far I got
with Isabelle2005 -- I am afraid it failed in the end,
since PolyML 4.14 would actually require some porting effort
to be able to mmap() the ``database'' to a fixed address.
(To get all files for PolyML 4.14,
you have to dive more deeply into the PolyML (download) website.)
I did get the development snapshot to work with PolyML 5, though.
(Are you running a 32bit userland on a ppc64?
Then you possibly either have to run it within a ``linux32'' shell,
or (better) you have to manually set the system identifier in etc/settings
to the variant without ``64''.)
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and