Re: [isabelle] Isabelle on a Mac running linux

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, C. Menon wrote:

> I'm trying to install Isabelle on an Apple Powerbook running linux. I've
> got a working copy of Poly/ML from the polyml site, but when I run
> Isabelle I get the following:

> /usr/local/Isabelle2005/lib/scripts/run-polyml: line 50: cd: ../lib/poly: No
> such file or directory
> Unable to locate /usr/local/bin/ML_dbase
> Please check your ML system settings!

Here the 4.x version of run-polyml fails on Poly/ML 5.x (the one from the
current CVS).  Using the compatibility wrappers for 5.0 from
http://www4.in.tum.de/~wenzelm/test/Isabelle2005-polyml-5.0.tar.gz you
should be able to run Isabelle2005 on the latest Poly/ML, even though that
version announces itself as "5.1". Just make sure your isabelle/settings
force it back to "5.0".

I haven't seen this working on ppc-linux yet, as there are very few such
systems available these days.  In principle it should work, though.