Re: [isabelle] Problems installing Isabelle

To quote from the Proof General FAQ: <http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/FAQ >:

Q. Proof General fails to load with an error message on start-up:

error: "File `.../ProofGeneral/generic/proof-autoloads.elc' was
not compiled in Emacs"

What's wrong?

A. We distribute .elcs for GNU Emacs, so you will have to delete
them and (optionally) recompile for XEmacs. Using the Makefile:

Use 'make clean' to remove all .elc files.
Use 'make compile' to recompile .elc files.

Check that the Makefile sets EMACS to your Emacs executable
(or simply run 'make compile EMACS=emacs')

Larry Paulson