Re: [isabelle] more beginner questions

On Sep 24, 2007, at 8:33 PM, Tim Newsham wrote:

1) Is there a datatype for characters in isabelle?  I would like
   to prove stuff about a real world grammar for a language of
   characters.
I think it is called "char". At one point the fully qualified name was "List.char".

2) This is really basic but giving me a headache.  How can I make
   an optional tuple?  I tried "('a, 'a) option"  but that didnt seem
   to work properly.

Try "('a * 'a) option" or "('a \<times> 'a) option".

Regards,

Paul