Re: [isabelle] attribute 'standard'

Hi Christian,

transitivity is dealt with in the simplifier by a solver. The set up is at the end of ~~/src/HOL/Transitive_Closure.thy. The solver is needed since transitivity rules normally make the simplifier loop.

In order to configure it for your own closure operation, you need to supply the right lemmas and a function decomp, which identifies suitable assumptions in the subgoal. Follow the instructions in ~~/ src/Provers/trancl.ML. Get in touch if there are questions (or if your transitivity hold relative to a locale).

Cheers,

Clemens