[isabelle] Records with String types

Hi,

I am a new Isabelle user. I have some questions regarding the usage of string types with records.

Can I define something like this as a record definition
record class =
className :: string
classType :: string

or
should the same be defined using 'char' data type. If the above
definition is allowed and correct then how can this be 'concretely'
defined. Basically, how can I define a constant of type 'class'? Can
someone please provide some pointers for any examples that uses string
types in records?

Thanks for the help,
Rajesh

Looking for last minute shopping deals?