[isabelle] New paper: A Compiled Implementation of Normalization by Evaluation

We would like to announce a new paper (and Isabelle formalization):

A Compiled Implementation of Normalization by Evaluation
Klaus Aehlig, Florian Haftmann, Tobias Nipkow

We present a novel compiled approach to Normalization by Evaluation (NBE) for ML-like languages. It supports efficient normalization of open lambda-terms w.r.t. beta-reduction and rewrite rules. We have implemented NBE and show both a detailed formal model of our implementation and its verification in Isabelle. Finally we discuss how NBE is turned into a proof rule in Isabelle.

http://www.in.tum.de/~nipkow/pubs/nbe.html

Comments are welcome.

Tobias