Re: [isabelle] do hardware verification by Isabelle

Hi Li,

in addition to Julian's work in Verisoft's automotive sub project, Sergey Tverdyshev et al. have worked on the verification of a comlex out-of-order microprocessor design (the VAMP processor); see e.g. [1,2]. For additional information about recent work in the automotive sub project see also [3,4].

Best regards,

Dirk

[1] @inproceedings{Alkassar_AHK-,
AUTHOR = {Alkassar, E. and Hillebrand, M. and Knapp, S. and Rusev, R. and Tverdyshev, S.},
TITLE = {Formal Device and Programming Model for a Serial Interface},
YEAR = {2007},
PAGES = {4--20},
URL = {http://www-wjp.cs.uni-sb.de/publikationen/Alkassar_AHK-.pdf},
BOOKTITLE = {Proceedings, 4th International Verification Workshop (VERIFY), Bremen, Germany},
PUBLISHER = {CEUR-WS Workshop Proceedings},
EDITOR = {B. Beckert},
EE = {http://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-259/},
}

[2] @inproceedings{Tv05,
AUTHOR = {Tverdyshev, Sergey},
TITLE = {Combination of Isabelle/HOL with Automatic Tools},
VOLUME = {3717},
YEAR = {2005},
PAGES = {302-309},
URL = {http://www-wjp.cs.uni-sb.de/publikationen/Tv05.pdf},
SERIES = {Lecture Notes in Computer Science},
BOOKTITLE = {FroCoS 2005},
PUBLISHER = {Springer Verlag},
EDITOR = {Bernhard Gramlich},
SCHOOL = {Saarland University},
EE = {http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/11559306_18},
}

[3] @inproceedings{Alkassar_DIPES08-??,
AUTHOR = {Alkassar, Eyad and Böhm, Peter and Knapp, Steffen},
TITLE = {Formal Correctness of a Gate-Level Automotive Bus Controller Implementation},
YEAR = {2008},
BOOKTITLE = {6th IFIP Working Conference on Distributed and Parallel Embedded Systems (DIPES08). To appear},
PUBLISHER = {Springer Science and Business Media},
}

[4] inproceedings{ABK08:Memo08-??,
AUTHOR = {Alkassar, Eyad and Böhm, Peter and Knapp, Steffen},
TITLE = {Correctness of a Fault-Tolerant Real-Time Scheduler Algorithm and its Hardware Implementation},
YEAR = {2008},
PAGES = {175--186},
BOOKTITLE = {Formal Methods and Models for Codesign (MEMOCODE'2008)},
PUBLISHER = {IEEE Computer Society Press},
}

Julien Schmaltz wrote:
Hi Li,
The german Verisoft project includes hardware verification using Isabelle,
and also using a combination of the NuSMV model checker with Isabelle. You
may find papers about that on their website: www.verisoft.de.

When I was involved in this project, I worked on the verification of low
level time-triggered hardware:

A Formal Model of Clock Domain Crossing and Automated Verification of
Time-Triggered Hardware.
[more]<http://www.cs.ru.nl/~julien/Julien%20at%20Nijmegen/FMCAD07.html>
 Julien Schmaltz. 7th International Conference on Formal Methods in
Computer-Aided Design (FMCAD'07), pp. 223-230, Austin, TX, USA, November
11-14, IEEE Society, 2007 (c)IEEE

On-line at: http://www.cs.ru.nl/~julien/Julien%20at%20Nijmegen/FMCAD07.html

Best regards,

Julien