Re: [isabelle] A few questions about LaTeX theory output

The only symbol for the empty set in Isabelle is "{}". Hence you can only obtain the latex \emptyset via antiquotations, not in the sources. However, you can modify Library/LaTeXsugar as follows:

Replace

syntax (latex output)
  "_emptyset" :: "'a set"              ("...")
translations
  "_emptyset"      <= "{}"

by

notation (latex)
  "{}" ("\<emptyset>")

If you import LaTeXsugar into a theory, you may now use \<emptyset> in it.

We may modify LaTeXsugar for the next release accordingly.

Tobias