Re: [isabelle] x-symbol in Carbon Emacs

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Chris Osborn wrote:

> I am on a brand new MacBook Pro (OS 10.5.3) using Isabelle 2007 and
> the current release of Carbon Emacs.
>
> x-symbol fails to load (from the ProofGeneral menu) under Carbon Emacs.
> In the bottom window, I get the error:
>
> Warning (emacs): X-Symbol characters with registry "xsymb-xsymb1" are not used

I would say this is because Carbon Emacs is a native Mac OS application,
without support for the X Window system.

More recent versions of Proof General support mathematical symbols in
Carbon Emacs via Unicode, but there are still some rough edges.  Problem
reports can be dumped to http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/trac/