Re: [isabelle] Isabelle Usage Problem

Makarius wrote:
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Rajesh Karunamurthy wrote:

Now I have installed Isabelle in a Linux Fedora Core 2 platform and I am having some problems in using it. When I try to use Isabelle for processing some theory, I am getting the following message.
[root at jitter bin]# ./isabelle
/usr/local/Isabelle2007/../polyml/x86-linux/poly:
error while loading shared lib raries: libstdc++.so.6:

I think the problem is ployml is looking for some library, which it is not able to find. Is polyml dependent on some libraries which needs to be installed?

Yes, the Poly/ML binary needs version 6 of libstdc++, any reasonably up-to-date Linux distribution should be able to provide that.

Fedora Core 2 is a bit old (4 years?). Better update your Linux, e.g. using Ubuntu which is very pleasant to install.

	Makarius

I had some problem which I think was rather similar, so I used PolyML 4.1.4 (I think),
and there was no problem building Isabelle2007 on top of that

Jeremy