Re: [isabelle] Defining Recursive Functions in Isabelle/HOL

I'm afraid that what looks similar to \<langle> ... \<rangle> are French quotes which is what Isabelle's latex converter turns two backquotes into: `...`. So that's what you need to type. A bit confusing, I agree.

Tobias

TIMOTHY KREMANN wrote:
I have entered everything from page 13 exactly as in the paper (except added "" where necessary).
And I get the following message from line 18 (counting the blank line):

*** At command "with".

I have switched the angle brackets to parens and to blanks and still get a similar message. What have I missed?
(You get to this paper from the Isabelle Documentation page via the "Tutorial of Function Definitions" link)

Thanks, Tim