Re: [isabelle] xemacs and Isabelle 2008

Hi Ruben,

> I recently upgraded my Isabelle installation to the latest (2008). I am
> running it on Mac OS 10.5. For some reason however running
> isabelle-interface no longer runs xemacs but instead runs emacs in my
> terminal window. I'm not sure how to change this. If anyone could tell
> me that would be nice.

you can change the default emacs by tweaking the etc/settings file in
your Isabelle Distribution, e.g.:

PROOFGENERAL_OPTIONS="-p xemacs"

Note that ProofGeneral is very selective in emacs versions it works
properly with.  Usually the default settings are quite ok.  But I
personally am not a Mac user and cannot tell you anything particular
about which emacs version works best on Mac.  Anyway
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/installation.html recommends XEmacs 21.4. for
MacOS.

Hope this helps
	Florian