Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/cygwin woes

Hi,

On 16.09.2008 10:55, Makarius wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, merz at loria.fr wrote:
>
>> - Vista - Windows Version 6.0 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)
>> - CYGWIN_NT-6.0 1.5.25(0.156/4/2) 2008-06-12 19:34
>> - polyml_x86-cygwin from the Isabelle2008 download page
>> - Isabelle 2008 release
>
> I have only tried XP/SP3 myself (where everything works), but Vista might
> be the problem.

I'm using XP/SP3 and I'm sometimes also noticing core dumps from time to
time when using Isabelle2008 with polyml 5.2 (not very frequently
however). Most of these crashes happen directly after starting Isabelle.
 A second run with the same theories works fine most of the time. When I
manage to get Isabelle running without core dump it usually runs fine
for the rest of the session even when I work with large theory bodies.

I'm also using Isabelle2005 with (the CVS version of) polyml 5.2. This
was a little bit tricky to install (I had to apply some patches to
Isabelle's ml code) but thanks to Makarius it runs fine now.

Unfortunately, I don't have an error message of the Isabelle2008 core
dumps anymore, but as soon as it happens again, I will send it to the list.

Best regards,

Dirk

- --
Dirk Leinenbach
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
Saarbrücken, Germany
Building E1 1, Room 4.06

phone: +49 - 681 / 302 - 57379
fax:   +49 - 681 / 302 - 4132

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH Trippstadter
Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes