[isabelle] installing isa2009-test

I just downloaded and installed isa2009-test.  "isabelle" seems to be installed

  $isabelle version
  isa2009-test: April 2009

but there is no "Isabelle".

There used to be an executable "Isabelle".  After installation in the
path, I could run

  Isabelle -p emacs something.thy

and emacs would come up with proof general and isabelle.  The last
update I had was unofficial from September 2008.

(Actually "Isabelle -p emacs something.thy" still works, bringing up
my older version, because the old "Isabelle" wasn't over-written by
the new install.)

How do I get new isabelle, emacs and Proof General to start up?
Following the instructions I tried

  isabelle emacs -p emacs something.thy

but it didn't find proof general.

Thanks,
Randy

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.