[isabelle] proof general stalls at queue region!

hi,all:
   I am newbie of isabelle. When I use proof general, I can not fulfil
proof successfully. Software of my machine is as follows:

 *)Linux OS
 *) Isabelle2009
 *) polyml-5.2.1 (for x86, but my machine is x86_64)
 *) proofgeneral-3.7.1
 *) xemacs 21.7

I follow the proof general user manual, the proof process always in
queue region( appear pink) and stalled. I can not undo. I look at the
shell buffer, the proof script can not feed into proof shell. I have no
idea what happened, can anyone  help me? thanks in advance.

lily