Re: [isabelle] Isar tutorial example broken?

Hi,

Assuming you meant the right (assume, and show + proof).

You can not prove "A" even after assuming "A", when you don't use it.

so something like

 assume "A" show "A"

is the same as

 show "A" (which is a little bit difficult to prove).

Indeed

 assume "A"

 show "A" .

used to work, where Isabelle/Isar used to figure out that you meant to
use an assumption. This "feature" was judged later to be "bug" and that
for readable natural deduction proofs, one needs to specify all the
assmptions one uses. (For a year or so, the system used to output a
legacy feature message I think).

Amine.