Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2008

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, John Matthews wrote:

I need to use Isabelle2008 for a particular project. I'd prefer to use xemacs, assuming it was still supported for this version of Isabelle. Which versions of xemacs and ProofGeneral work best on Isabelle2008?

It only depends on the version of Proof General you are using. You can use the same one for Isabelle2008 and Isabelle2009, which is still 3.7.1 as offered on the Isabelle2009 download site. Thus the explanations on http://isabelle.in.tum.de/installation.html also apply, as far as Emacs is concerned.

XEmacs is a dying platform, but some versions on some platforms still happen to work with PG 3.7.1. E.g. XEmacs 21.4.20 or similar, but only on Linux. There are many problems on Mac OS and Cygwin.

GNU Emacs 22 usually works best.