Re: [isabelle] Silly problem with maps and

John Ridgway schrieb:
> That is correct, except that I mistranscribed the proposition and
> corrected it in my second post.

I only received your first post, which is not your fault. I frequently
do not get some of the emails on isabelle-users (and no, it is not my
spam filter).

I tried sledgehammer on your example, and it did indeed find a proof,

apply (metis COMBB_def Collect_def Collect_mem_eq Collect_neg_eq ComplD
ComplI exE_some mem_def)

but unfortunately that proof leads to

*** metis error (inst_inf): Ill-typed instantiation

So here is a traditional hand-crafted proof:

apply (erule someI2_ex)
apply blast

Tobias