Re: [isabelle] Slow rule application in case of many parameters?

I tried to, but failed in the amount of time I've got right now. The
concrete problem is a little too large (and dependent on other
theories) to show here.

The structure of the subgoal is sth like this:

! n1 n2 n3 n4 n5 n6 n7 n8 n9.
[| P1 n1 ... n9 & P2 n2 ... n9 & P3 n3 ... n9 & ...|] ==>
ALL S. f S' = S -->
(ALL S1. f S = S1 -->
(ALL S2. f S2 = S1 -->
 (... -->
(let v = g S in
  ALL S'. f S = S' -->
    (let v = g S' in
      ALL S. f S' = S -->
          in P n1 n2 n3 n4 n5 n6 n7 n8 n9)...)

where the P_i aren't just constants / free variables, but complex
terms referring to the n_i. When I do "apply (rule allI, rule impI,
erule conjE)" with about 30 possible rule applications, it takes
around one minute.

I'll try to come up with a concrete example later.

Dennis